One of the winners of innovation funding in our 2011 GeoVation Challenge How can we improve transport in Britain? were liftshare with their idea myPTP . This is an innovative web-based tool, designed to provide personalised travel plans to individuals at a fraction of the current time and cost.
Next week (1-5 October) is liftshare Week. Over half a million people have already joined the liftshare network, to share lifts and typically save about £1,000 a year and last year, liftshare Week won a European award, and over 6,200 new members signed up in just five days! This year they’ve done even more to make the campaign more successful than ever…
- The typical commuter who car-shares every day saves about £1,000 a year
- It also helps you do your bit for the environment
- It makes boring solo journeys sociable and fun
- It’s flexible
- It reduces stress if you don’t have to drive every day
- You don’t even need a car to sign up to be a car-sharer. Many members are willing to do the driving in return for a contribution to their fuel costs and some friendly company!
So if your interested in sustainable travel, saving money and environmental benefits then and this is your opportunity to giving car-sharing a try! Find out more about liftshare week and join for free to find someone else going your way…